Sculpture at Maudslay

Home for Outdoor Sculpture at Maudslay and its Artists

Hi all,

We had a good meeting on Tuesday, with some welcome new faces (esp from Green Artists League), as well as old guard. Here's a quick report.

1. Biggest news: We pushed back the application due-dates 3 weeks to give ourselves more time. New dates are:

Sun, April 27, 3:00 pm: Initial site walkthrough (see park, start choosing sites)
Mon, May 26: APPLICATION DEADLINE (applications received)
Sat, June 7, 4:00pm or Mon, June 9, 7:00pm (choose one): Mandatory walkthroughs to confirm sites
Mon, June 9: Application confirmation
September dates did not change.

2. Outreach to show alumni: We've gotten invites out to many alumni, but have a short list we still need to track down. To help get this done, some of our other veteran artists will help me track down a few people each. I'll send lists shortly. Let me know if you can help with this..

3. Outreach to new artists: I'm going to send all of you a "Call to Artists" and ask that you forward it to your networks of artists who might be interested (or know someone who might be). OR any organizations that we should send it to. It'll be a pdf that can also be printed and posted. Will send that by this weekend --

4. Fundraising: Grants - we've gotten $1250 in grants, hopefully one more coming in. I'm trading phone messages with the Institution for Savings about sponsorship - hopefully that will happen, otherwise we'll go look elsewhere. More on that later.

So...get to work on your sculpture idea!...we talked about doing an "idea sharing" session in April sometime if people are interested. Let me know if you are.

best,

Bert

Views: 15

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Bert Snow.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service